At BCH Camping, we’re not just about trekking and camping! We pride ourselves on also finding solutions for our customers with other hobbies that require sensible clothing or helpful equipment.
Why Ultralight Ankle Boots are ideal for outdoor hobbies
The importance of well designed, quality footwear shouldn’t be underestimated when it comes to enjoying outdoor activities. Your chosen footwear should not only provide the necessary comfort, it should also sufficiently protect your feet and keep you safe.
Ultralight Ankle Boots are the footwear of choice for many gardeners and dog walkers, as well as for fishing or attending horses in stables. They can also be worn for walking if preferred to traditional walking boots or shoes.
So, what makes Ultralight Ankle Boots so versatile and such a hit for these and similar activities?
Features and benefits of Ultralight Ankle Boots
Ultralight Ankle Boots are considered by many to be the most comfortable lightweight ‘wellies’ available.
- Each pair has a warm removable liner made of a washable, antibacterial felt, finished with a polyester collar. By being able to remove the liner, the wellies are suitable for various activities in both winter and summer months.
- Ultralight Ankle Boots are made with EVA foam (Ethylene-vinyl acetate) which is a very light plastic. EVA is:
- Made using a direct injection moulding process that results in more durable boots than those made with rubber
- Particularly resistant to ageing and weathering
- More resistant to cracking, splitting and peeling than rubber boots
- Able to keep feet warm in temperatures as low as -20°C without a liner and -30°C with a liner due to its insulating properties
- Highly resistant to horse urine
- The sole thickness of an Ultralight Ankle Boot ranges from 25mm at the heel to 20mm at the toe, making the boot shock absorbent for added comfort, particularly when worn for long periods of time.
- Each pair of Ultralight Ankle Boots is up to 65% lighter than other rain boots.
- Ultralight Ankle Boots are far softer than standard ‘wellies’.
Who are Leon Boot Co?
Leon Boot Co. Ltd. began as a distributor of EVA Wellington boots. They discovered there was a growing market for ultralight protective safety boots as an alternative to heavy rubber or PVC footwear.
In 2016 the LBC (Leon Boot Co.) brand was established to bring EVA boots to the mainstream market to be worn and enjoyed by outdoor hobby enthusiasts across Europe. The brand, whose headquarters are based in Weston-Super-Mare, is now steadily growing worldwide.
The company’s mission is to “introduce our LBC Ultralight ultra-comfortable, ultra-durable and ultra-safe (safety range) Wellingtons to many people in many different sectors”.
Buy Ultralight Ankle Boots from BCH Camping
Visit our product pages to purchase the men’s Ultralight Ankle Boots and the women’s Ultralight Ankle Boots. For our complete range of footwear, visit https://www.bchcamping.co.uk/collections/footwear, or contact us on 01225 764977.
Remember the adventure starts at BCH!